Government funded tuition for eligible applicants
The student contribution fee is comparable to free TAFE
Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
Become a Team Leader, Supervisor, Manager or Upskill your management knowledge.
During this course you’ll learn the comprehensive skills and strategies needed to lead, guide, manage and support a team, their workloads, and the business.
A monthly payment plan is available for this course!
Subject to availability.
Certificate IV in Leadership and Management (BSB40520)
10 November 2023 (Intake 4)
2-10 Camberwell Road
Hawthorn East VIC 3123
Certificate IV in Leadership & Management
This nationally recognised qualification is an open entry for those individuals working as developing and emerging leaders and managers in a range of enterprise and industry contexts. Individuals at this level:
- are likely to provide leadership, guidance and support to others.
- have some responsibility for organising and monitoring the output of teams.
- apply solutions to a defined range of predictable and unpredictable problems and
Students who succeed in this course place themselves in a good position to lead within their current roles and departments and to be placed for consideration for higher responsibilities and the rewards that come with this.
Certificate IV in Leadership & Management
Students entering the course must meet the required entry criteria, educational standards and administrative requirements as per Mayfield Education’s Student Entry and Administration Policy and Procedure.
- Be 18 years of age or over.
- There are no specific entry requirements for this course in terms of past studies and qualifications, however you must have successfully completed year 10 (or equivalent) with a satisfactory pass in English or have relevant experience and/or qualifications that indicate your ability to complete the course.
- Watch a course information session online.
- Complete a pre-course assessment including a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LNN) robot on site at Mayfield Education and a pre-training interview.
- A good command of the English language is required as you will need to demonstrate satisfactory skills in verbal and written communication.
- People studying this program will need an access to a personal computer device and basic computer skills, including the ability to:
– Create, save and edit Microsoft office documents (including Word, Excel)
– Access and search the Internet.
– Download and save documents from a variety of websites.
– Record, save and upload a video using a smart device such as mobile, laptop, iPad.
– Upload files and images onto the Learning Management System
– Access Dropbox links.
To obtain the full BSB40520 – Certificate IV in Leadership and Management qualification, students must satisfactorily complete twelve (12) units of competency. The course is made up of five (5) core units and seven (7) pre-selected elective units.
- BSBLDR411 Demonstrate leadership in the workplace.
- BSBLDR413 Lead effective workplace relationships.
- BSBOPS402 Coordinate business operational plans.
- BSBXCM401 Apply communication strategies in the workplace.
- BSBXTW401 Lead and facilitate a team.
- BSBFIN401 Report on financial activity.
- BSBLDR521 Lead the development of diverse workforces.
- BSBOPS403 Apply business risk management processes.
- BSBPMG430 Undertake project work.
- BSBSTR502 Facilitate continuous improvement.
- BSBTWK401 Build and maintain business relationships.
- SIRXCEG004 Create a customer-centric culture.
This course is a self-paced course. It may take approximately twelve months.
The delivery mode is comprised of self-directed and structured online learning with 12 x 2 hours online workshop once in a month.
Location of Delivery
Online Delivery- Distance Learning
Intake 4: Friday 10 November 2023
Intake 1: Friday 23 February 2024
Intake 2: Thursday 30 May 2024
Students are assessed against specific performance criteria for each unit of study. At Mayfield we have engaging ways of learning and assessment which includes journal writing, case studies, group presentation, assignments, role play, online learning, self-paced learning packages, short answer, and multi-choice questions.
Graduates will receive a nationally recognised certificate and transcript of results showing completion of the full Certificate BSB40520 CERTIFICATE IV IN LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT.
If the full course is not completed, a Statement of Attainment will be issued for any units where competency has been attained.
Student Course Fee Payable
For Eligible Concession Students**: $596
For Full Fee Paying Students: Total student contribution $4,560
A payment plan is available
For detailed summary of Tuition Fee and for monthly Direct Debit Instalment Payment Plan payment plan refer to the Statement of Fees.
Note: Skills First concession rate is not applicable to Diploma of Nursing program.
Initial Course Deposit via electronic Transfer: $250
Direct debit options available
* Government funding eligibility criteria applied
** Eligible concession card holders
- The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.
- Fees are indicative, may subject to change of government policy and this may occur during the course.
- Fee instalment plan is available.
- * Government funding eligibility criteria applied.
- ** Eligible concession card holders.
- Please read refund, cancellation fees information in the student handbook prior application for your enrolment / making payment.
Step 1 – View Course Information
Step 2 – Enrol Now
If you have any questions during the enrolement process, please get in contact with us.
|Course Name and Start Date||Applications Open||Applications Close|
|Certificate IV IN Leadership & Management/ Intake 4/ Commencement Date 10 Nov 2023||22/08/2023||03/11/2023|
|Certificate IV In Leadership & Management/ Intake 1/ Commencement Date 23 Feb 2024||10/11/2023||16/02/2024|
|Certificate IV In Leadership & Management/ Intake 2/ Commencement Date 30 May 2024||23/02/2024||23/05/2024|