Certificate III Allied Health Assistance (Old Training Package – For Year 2 -2024 students)
This Allied Health Assistance course is a VETDSS course.
Courses that are Vocation Education Training (VET) delivered to secondary students (VETDSS) are designed and delivered to provide you with new skills and can give you a head-start in your career.
Take this course as part of your VCE/VCAL program!
Certificate III Allied Health (VETDSS)
The Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance is a nationally accredited health industry course which helps you to develop the skills and knowledge needed to work in a variety of health care environments. It is a VETDSS course, which enables you to complete your VCE with a qualification that can gain you employment.
- To study a VETDSS course students must have completed Year 10 English and Mathematics.
- This is a scored VCE CET program.
- This program may be run at your school, combined with another school or on campus at Mayfield Education in Hawthorn East.
- This program runs for 2 school years whilst you are undertaking your other year 11 and 12 subjects.
- Mayfield Education will provide advice on your structured workplace learning SWL requirements.
Certificate III Allied Health (VETDSS)
This is an open entry program. Please talk with your year level coordinator, your VET in schools co-ordinator or your school’s careers advisor. They can contact us on your behalf.
Information sessions are run in person at your school and/or online and at the session you’ll meet the teachers of this program. All teachers have qualifications in this area.
The Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance contains the following course units:
- Communicate and work in health or community services CHCCOM005
- Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures HLTINF001
- Participate in workplace health and safety HLTWHS001
- Organise personal work priorities and development BSBWOR301
- Assist with movement CHCCCS002
- Maintain high standard of service CHCCCS010
- Respond effectively to behaviours of concern CHCCCS020
- Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately BSBMED301
- Recognise healthy body systems HLTAAP001
- Work with diverse people CHCDIV001
- Assist with an allied health program HLTAHA001
- Take clinical measurements HLTHPS001
As part of this course you will be placed in a real work environment to undertake 80 hours of voluntary work within the industry. This is organised by your school in collaboration with Mayfield Education.
Once you have completed this qualification, you can gain credits into other health related courses. This helps if you would like to continue on the health career path. The other health courses you can gain credits in include:
- Certificate in SS / OTT / Pathology
- Certificate IV in SS / OTT / AHA, Aged Care Support
- Diploma of Nursing
The classes and workshops are run 1 day a week during the school term (usually Wednesday afternoons).
The course takes 2 years to complete.
On some days you will also be attending excursions and undertaking SWL (structured workplace learning). This is practical experience in a real health care setting. This is organised by your school in collaboration with Mayfield Education.
The dates of the program conform with school terms.
This course can be run in three different configurations:
1. Direct Delivery at School.
2. Auspice Delivery.
3. Onsite Delivery (IMVC) at Mayfield Education in Hawthorn East.
At the completion of the Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance you will receive points towards your VCE / VCAL program. You will also receive a nationally accredited and recognised certificate III.
This course enables you to apply for work as an Allied Health Assistant. This course contains units which can be used as credits in a large range of health-related courses including technicians, aged care, community services and nursing etc. This course provides you with credits towards Certificate IV health care courses.
The fee is negotiated with your school. Please see your VETDSS co-ordinator for details.
These are the requirements for completing the VETDSS application:
- Online application must be completed in the presence of the parents/guardian. The signature of the Parent/guardian is mandatory.
- Email address for the School VET coordinator and/or Principal is mandatory.
- Upload scanned copies of 2 forms of ID’s. Choose from the following: Birth Certificate, Australian Passport, Evidence of Australian Citizenship, and Medicare card.
If you have any questions during the enrolement process, please get in contact with us.
|Course Name and State Date
|Damascus Year 2 - Certificate III Allied Health Assistance 2024 - Auspice Year 2 Commencement date Feb 2024
|Antonine College - Year 2 - Certificate III Allied Health Assistance 2024 - Direct Delivery Year 2 Commencement date Feb 2024