12th August Intake 2024
No ATAR, No Worries!
Enrol with a $0.00* Tuition Fee for eligible students!
Get a 10% discount if you enrol before 30th June 2024 on Administrative Fee!
Diploma of Nursing
Become an Enrolled Nurse
Mayfield Education recognises that nurses have a vital role in the care of patients in our healthcare industry. Enrolled nursing jobs are demand in many different healthcare settings. Begin your study in Diploma of Nursing today at Mayfield Education and start a rewarding and exciting career in the health industry.
A monthly payment plan is available for this course!
Subject to availability.
Diploma of Nursing (HLT54121)
5th March 2024
12th August 2024 (Intake 2)
2-10 Camberwell Road
Hawthorn East VIC 3123
Classes 2 days a week. Some online learning. Clinical placement.
DIPLOMA OF NURSING
The Diploma of Nursing at Mayfield Education is a nationally recognised qualification approved by Australian Nursing & Midwifery Council (ANMAC) and Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA). The qualification has been developed in consultation with leading industry partners. It prepares students with the essential knowledge and skills that can lead to enrolled nursing registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA).
By successfully completing a Diploma of Nursing qualification with Mayfield Education you can gain the skills and knowledge required to provide nursing care for people across the health sector and at all stages of life. To achieve this qualification the student is required to complete mandatory 400 hours of professional experience placement across variety of health care settings.
DIPLOMA OF NURSING
Students entering the course must meet the required entry criteria, educational standards and administrative requirements as per Mayfield Education’s Student Entry and Administration Policy and Procedure.
- Be 18 years of age or over.
- Have declared any pre-existing medical or other conditions which may impact on their ability to undertake the course and obtain gainful employment in the vocational area of choice as an enrolled nurse.
- Have a current email address and mobile phone number for contact and communication.
- People studying this program will need an access to a personal computer device and basic computer skills, including the ability to:
- Create, save and edit Microsoft office documents (including Word, Excel)
- Access and search the Internet.
- Download and save documents from a variety of websites.
- Record, save and upload a video using a smart device such as mobile, laptop, iPad.
- Upload files and images onto the Learning Management System
- Access Dropbox links.
- Have COVID 19 vaccination history.
- Be able to provide the below checks at least 8 weeks prior to the first clinical placement:
- A current and clear National Police Check.
- A current and clear Working with Children Check.
- Healthcare category A immunisation record including flu vaccination.
- Watch the course information online that informs the nature of the course and the work related to the vocational course including its physical and psychological rigor.
- Submit a course application form through our website or via email, post or in person.
- Attend and complete a pre course assessment via Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LNN) robot on site at Mayfield Education.
- Provide evidence of meeting at least one of the three Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) English language skills registration requirements. Click here for the English language requirements form.
- Attend a 1:1 pre course interview to confirm an adequate command of English comprehension and verbal articulation
Total number of units = 25
20 core units
5 elective units
- HLTAAP002 Confirm Physical Health Status
- HLTINF006 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures.
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care.
- HLTENN035 Practice nursing within the Australian health care system
- HLTENN036 Apply communication skills in nursing practice.
- HLTENN037 Perform clinical assessment and contribute to planning nursing care.
- HLTENN038 Implement, monitor and evaluate nursing care plans.
- HLTENN041 Apply legal and ethical parameters to nursing practice.
- HLTENN045 Implement and monitor care of the older person.
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people.
- CHCDIV002 Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety.
- CHCPRP003 Reflect on and improve own professional practice.
- HLTAAP003 Analyse and respond to client health information.
- HLTENN040 Administer and monitor medicines and intravenous therapy.
- HLTENN042 Implement and monitor care for a person with mental health conditions.
- HLTENN044 Implement and monitor care for a person with chronic health conditions.
- HLTENN047 Apply nursing practice in the primary health care setting.
- HLTENN039 Apply principles of wound management.
- HLTENN043 Implement and monitor care for a person with acute health conditions.
- HLTENN068 Provide end of life care and a palliative approach in nursing practice.
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- BSBPEF402 Develop personal work priorities.
- HLTENN057 Contribute to the nursing care of a person with diabetes
- CHCPOL003 Research and apply evidence to practice
- HLTWHS006 Manage personal stressors in the work environment
- This is delivered 2 days a week onsite at Mayfield Education Campus 2-10 Camberwell Road, Hawthorn East from 9.30am to 3:30pm.
- Study load 20-25hrs per week.
- It takes approximately 20 months to complete the qualification.
- The delivery mode is comprised of blended learning (face to face, online learning, self-directed learning) and mandatory four hundred (400) hours of professional experience placement across a variety of health care settings in Victoria.
- To participate in clinical placement students will be required to provide current clear police check, clear Working with Children’s Check and immunisation records (students will need to fulfill any additional requirements requested by the placement host).
Location of Delivery
2-10 Camberwell Road, Hawthorn East VIC 3123
Intake 2: Monday 13th November 2023 (Days of attendance: Monday & Tuesday)
Intake 1: Tuesday 5th March 2024 (Days of attendance: Tuesday & Wednesday
- Students are assessed against specific performance criteria for each unit of study in a variety of ways.
- Some examples include question/answers, journal writing, case studies, group presentations, assignments, role play, online learning, self-paced learning packages, multiple choice questions and practical/simulation examples.
- This course is a nationally recognised certificate. Upon completion Mayfield will award you with HLT54121 DIPLOMA OF NURSING.
- Graduates with this qualification are eligible to apply for registration with the Australian Health Professionals Registration Authority (AHPRA) as an Enrolled Nurse.
- If the full course is not completed, a Statement of Attainment will be issued for any units where competency has been attained.
HLT54121 DIPLOMA OF NURSING à HLT64121 – Advanced Diploma of Nursing
Students may be eligible for recognition of prior learning when applying for the Bachelor of Nursing.
Student Course Fee Payable
For Full Fee Paying Students: Total student contribution $22,320
A payment plan is available.
For detailed summary of Tuition Fee and for monthly Direct Debit Instalment Payment Plan payment plan refer to the Statement of Fees.
Note: Skills First concession rate is not applicable to Diploma of Nursing program.
Initial Course Deposit via electronic Transfer: $250
- Direct debit options available
- * Government funding eligibility criteria applied
- The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.
- Fees are indicative, may subject to change of government policy and this may occur during the course.
- Fee instalment plan is available.
- * Government funding eligibility criteria applied.
- Please read refund, cancellation fees information in the student handbook prior application for your enrolment / making payment.
Step 1 – View Course Information
Step 2 – Apply Now
To successfully complete the application process, please ensure you have the below requirements:
- You must have a student unique number identifier. If you do not have one, please create one here. This will only take a few minutes.
- You must complete a credit transfer form. Please upload this at the Application documents section and include details of qualification.
- You must complete the LLN Test.
- You must complete the Skills First Eligibility Form Section B1 and B2 and upload it at the Application documents.
- You must complete the NMBA Form accurately.
- You must upload copies of your driver’s license (front and back)/ Passport/ Medicare details to verify your identification.
If you have any questions during the enrolment process, please get in contact with us.
|Course Name and Start Date
|Diploma of Nursing/ Intake 2/ Commencement Date 13 Nov 2023
|HLTENN040 Administer and monitor medicines and intravenous therapy / Nov 2023