For those who want to work in Aged Care and Community Services.
The aim of this course is to prepare the student entering the healthcare workforce to safely and effectively work with people in community and residential care facilities. This qualification equips the student to undertake personal care and/or other activities of daily living. Upon successful completion of this training, you will be qualified as a Personal Care Attendant.
The aim of this course is to prepare the student entering in the healthcare workforce to safely and effectively work with people who need assistance in the community and the residential aged care facilities.
The skills gained through this qualification enables care workers to follow an individualised care plan to provide person centred care and support to those who are unable to care for themselves.
We can deliver this qualification or standalone units at your work site subject to the number of applicants at your site. Please enquire with Student Services and/or the course coordinator.
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Attend course information session at Mayfield Education site
- Complete a pre-course assessment via Language, Literacy & Numeracy (LNN) robot on site at Mayfield Education and attend pre training interview
- Have basic computer skills and access to a personal computer device including internet to enable connectivity with learning resources.
- Have COVID 19 vaccination history.
- Be able to provide below checks 8 weeks prior to the first clinical placement:
- A current and clear national police check.
- A current and clear Working with Children’s Check.
- Healthcare category A immunisation record including flu vaccination.
Total 13 units
7 Core Units
- HLTAAP001 (C)– Recognise healthy body systems
- CHCCOM005 (C)– Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 (C)– Work with diverse people
- HLTWHS002 (C)– Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCCCS023 (C)– Support independence and well being
- CHCCCS015 (C)– Provide individualised support
- CHCLEG001 (C)– Work legally and ethically
- HLTINF001 (E) – Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- BSBMED301 (E)– Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- HLTAID011 (E)– Provide first aid
- CHCAGE001 (E)– Facilitate the empowerment of older people
- CHCAGE005 (E)– Provide support to people living with dementia
- CHCCCS011 (E)– Meet personal support needs
The course has 30 days of face-to-face training from 09:30 – 15:30
This course includes 120 hours (15 days- 3 weeks block) of work placement at an aged care facility
Blended learning which includes online learning and face-to-face sessions
Skills demonstration and practice occurs in the student simulation laboratory at Mayfield Education
Employers and Work Sites
This course can be run within the workplace for you or your staff. We can also support the traineeship program.
Please contact the Director of Education via email to find out more about these options.
Intake 1 2023: 17 February (Friday)
Intake 2 2023: 1 June (Thursday)
Application Closing Date
2 weeks before Orientation Day.
Late applications will be considered.
Students are assessed against specific performance criteria for each unit of study. At Mayfield we have engaging ways of learning and assessment which includes Journal Writing, Case Studies, Group Presentation, Assignments, Role Play, On-line Learning, self-paced learning packages, short answer and multi-choice questions.
Nationally Recognised Certificate
Once completed, this course leads to an entry to HLT54121-Diploma of Nursing (Enrolled Nursing) subject to meeting entry criteria.
|Summary of Tuition Fees||Government Funded*||Fee-for Services|
|Total tuition fee||$4,397||N/A|
|minus||Government Subsidised Fee||-$4,397||N/A|
|Student Tuition Fee||$0||$5,854|
|plus||Course Material Item – non refundable||$150||$150|
|plus||Course Retained Items||$399||$399|
|plus||Student Service Fee – non-refundable||$75||$75|
|plus||Course Education Levy – non-refundable||$105||$105|
|Total Student Course Fee Payable||$729.00||$6,583.00|
The student tuition fees as published are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment.
Fees are indicative, may subject to change of government policy and this may occur during the course.
Fee instalment plan is available.
* Government funding eligibility criteria applied. Government funded position includes Skills First funded and Skills First funded Concessioner. Fee schedule also applies to Indigenous Completion Initiative and Job Trainer Initiative (2022 enrolment only).
2-10 Camberwell Road
Hawthorn East VIC 3123