Certificate III Allied Health Assistance (New Training Package – For year 1 – 2024 Enrolment)
This Allied Health Assistance course is a VETDSS course.
Courses that are Vocation Education Training (VET) delivered to secondary students (VETDSS) are designed and delivered to provide you with new skills and can give you a head-start in your career.
Take this course as part of your VCE/VCAL program. Hurry! Feb 2024 applications are now open.
Certificate III Allied Health Assistance (HLT33021)
Direct Delivery at school, Auspice Delivery, Onsite Delivery at Mayfield Education in Hawthorn East.
Certificate III Allied Health (VETDSS)
The Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance is a nationally accredited course to the Vocation Education Training (VET) delivered to secondary students (VETDSS) which will enable students to develop the skills and knowledge to work in a variety of healthcare environments as an Allied Health Assistant. It is a VETDSS course, which enables you to complete your VCE with a qualification that can gain you employment.
After completing this qualification, you will be able to provide assistance to allied health professionals under predetermined guidelines. Depending on the setting, work may include following treatment plans for therapeutic interventions and/or conducting programs under the regular direct, indirect or remote supervision of an allied health professional in areas such as aged care, disability and other health sectors.
- To study a VETDSS course students must have completed Year 10 English and Mathematics.
- This is a scored VCE CET program.
- This program may be run at your school, combined with another school or on campus at Mayfield Education in Hawthorn East.
- This program runs for 2 school years whilst you are undertaking your other year 11 and 12 subjects.
- Mayfield Education will provide advice on your structured workplace learning SWL requirements.
Certificate III Allied Health (VETDSS)
To do this course, students must be enrolled as a VCE or VCE (VM) student.
Prior to enrolment, students will be required to complete a literacy and numeracy assessment.
Please talk with either your year-level coordinator, your VET in school’s co-ordinator or your school’s careers advisor. They can contact us on your behalf.
Information sessions are run in person at your school and/or online.
To obtain the full HLT33021- Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance qualification, students must satisfactorily complete twelve (12) units of competency. The course is made up of Seven (7) core units and three (5) elective units and 120 hours of clinical placement in a therapeutic workplace.
Scored units are available for year 2 (scored Units 3 and 4 sequence) VCE VET Health program.
The Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance contains the following course units:
Unit 1 & 2 – Year 1
- CHCDIV001- C – Work with diverse people
- CHCCOM005- C – Communicate and work in health or community services
- HLTAHA027- C – Assist with an allied health program
- HLTWHS001- C – Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCCCS020-E – Respond effectively to behaviours of concern
- BSBPEF301- E – Organise personal work priorities
- CHCCCS002- E – Assist with movement
- HLTAHA049-C – Recognise impact of health conditions
- HLTINF006- C – Apply basic principles and practices of infection prevention and control
Unit 3 & 4 – Year 2 Proposed units (subject to Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCCA) approval)
- BSBMED301-C – Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- HLTAAP001-E – Recognised healthy body systems
- HLTHPS001 -E – Take clinical measurements
Location of Delivery
This course can be run in three different configurations:
- Direct Delivery at school.
- Auspice Delivery
- Onsite Delivery at Mayfield Education in Hawthorn East.
The dates of the program conform with school terms.
Students are assessed against specific performance criteria for each unit of study. At Mayfield Education, we have engaging ways of learning and assessment which includes journal writing, case studies, group presentation, assignments, role play, online learning, self-paced learning packages, short answer, and multi-choice questions.
This course is a nationally recognised certificate. Upon completion of the full qualification, Mayfield Education will award you with HLT33021- Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance.
If it is a partial completion, a Statement of Attainment will be issued for any units where competency has been attained.
This course enables you to apply for work as an Allied Health Assistant. This course contains units which can be used as credits in a large range of health-related courses including technicians, aged care, community services and nursing etc. This course provides you with credits towards Certificate IV health care courses.
HLT47515 – CERTIFICATE IV in OPERATING THEATER TECHNICAL SUPPORT
HLT47015 CERTIFICATE IV IN STERILISATION SERVICES
HLT54121 DIPLOMA OF NURSING
For VET Delivered to Secondary Students Contact your school to discuss fees.
*Year 2 Units 3 & 4 are proposed units and are subject to Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCCA) approval
These are the requirements for completing the VETDSS application:
- Online application must be completed in the presence of the parents/guardian. The signature of the Parent/guardian is mandatory.
- Email address for the School VET coordinator and/or Principal is mandatory.
- Upload scanned copies of 2 forms of ID’s. Choose from the following: Birth Certificate, Australian Passport, Evidence of Australian Citizenship, and Medicare card.
If you have any questions during the enrolement process, please get in contact with us.
|Course Name and State Date||Applications Open||Applications Close|
|CERTIFICATE III in Allied Health Assistance/ Auspice Year 1 commencement date Feb 2024||02/11/2023||16/02/2024|
|CERTIFICATE III in Allied Health Assistance/ Direct Entry Year 1 commencement date Feb 2024||02/11/2023||16/02/2024|
|CERTIFICATE III in Allied Health Assistance/ IMVC Year 1 commencement date Feb 2024||02/11/2023||16/02/2024|